Did you know that statistics show a staggering 53% of consumers haven’t printed a photo in more than 12 months? 67% store their photos solely on a computer or phone. 70% don’t own a single photo album. And nearly half of the world no longer print photos at all. We are becoming a society conditioned to not print photographs anymore.
We know that digital never means safe, yet millions of memories are currently being entrusted to servers, clouds and phones. The risk could be felt by our entire generation, as we grow up without a printed photographic record of our lives. The most photographed generation of all time could wind up becoming the Lost Generation.
But why order any album when you receive your digital files? Let us count they ways…
- Because nobody ever smiled at a memory stick sitting in a drawer
- Because technology comes and goes
- Because when there’s a fire, what’s the first thing you grab
- Because photos get lost, or even worse, deleted off old hard drives
- Because a photograph is best enjoyed in print
- Because printed memories remind us what love feels like
- Because the place to save money is not on the most important moments of life
- Because memories are tied to touch and wedding albums touch our hearts
- Because your album is for today, tomorrow and all the tomorrows after
Our virtual lives need more human connection than ever. Printed photographs and albums provide the feeling of comfort, connection and love.
I deliver stunning handcrafted Wedding Albums and gorgeous museum-quality Wall Collections because I believe in the power of printed photos to directly invoke incredibly heartfelt and profound emotions. There’s nothing like experiencing printed artwork that you can hold in your hands or that you see every day when you walk into a room. Artwork brightens your life.
A study by neurobiologist and University College London professor Semir Zeki found that looking at art can actually have the same psychological effect as the euphoric experience of falling in love. Zeki found that the visual stimulation admiring printed artwork resulted in increased levels of dopamine (“the neurotransmitter that controls the brain’s reward and pleasure centers”) including heightened activity in the brain’s frontal cortex. Looking at artwork triggers the same kind of activity in the brain’s pleasure center as the experience of being in love.
Your deserve an elegantly designed wedding album to provide the narrative story of your day from start to finish which ultimately will become your first family heirloom in your new lives together that gets passed down and enjoyed through generations.
I invite you to enjoy these images of both the Custom and Curated Albums I offer.